Adventures

Saturday, January 7, 2012

NEW YEAR-NEW HOME-NEW ADVENTURES

Friday (12/30/2011) -After EMOTIONAL MELTDOWN 2011 in the Alexandria airport, thanks to Mama and Cortney, I had a short, uneventful flight to Dallas and then.... DUN DUN DUN my airplane was returning from Denver and delayed, of course. It looked as though I was going to spend the night and most of the next day in Denver, I was IRATE! As a "frequent flier", I get so angry when you do everything in your power and it honestly does not matter at all because you are never in control when it comes to traveling. I've come up with this philosophy, let's call it....hmmm - Life in Charge??! As I joined the line of disgruntled passengers and heard many different types of conversations from "Well, we are -insert explicit term-!!" (all it took was a stank eye and an EXCUSE ME??) for a simple "Oh I'm sorry mam." Ha, classic!! One lady was going to miss her New Year's trip to Las Vegas, another lady just wanted to see her grandkids. =( It was my turn, I wanted to just lose it on the gate clerk, poor guys-it really is not their fault. She informed me that I should be able to make my connection in Denver. I said thank you and thought YEAH RIGHT LADY!! Anyway, back to the philosophy I was sharing. Yes, I am a Christian. Yes, I lose my temper. Yes, I cuss more than I should. Yes, I feel entitled to things I do not deserve. Yes, I have an AWESOME LIFE that I do not give enough thanks for. Yes, I drink cold beer and other alcoholic concoctions. I do many things in my life that people are quick to judge. The point is, we (I) think we are so entitled to life. We are never in charge, just like the airlines/airplanes (God), he can throw a hiccup at us to make sure we are still paying attention, to make sure we are growing and not just going through the motions. (I feel like I'm not making any sense LOL) I've decided, I kind of like it. Life would be so boring if everything went exactly how we expected it. Right? I have so much to be thankful for. I get lost in the "world" when in reality, I do not have one thing to complain about.

That passage may not make any sense to you.....but I needed it and it's my blog. MUUHAHHA

So, about those flights, I arrived on time. (thank you pilot for speeding...safely) Jason was waiting on me at the airport and I was so excited to see him.

The next day was Bob's birthday/New Year's Celebration. It was a blast, I met so many nice people and got to see a lot of friends. We danced into 2012 like it was 1999. hehe... It's a night I'll never forget.

My first week back was uneventful, it's been a long three months away from this place. I had supper with some of the old work crew and it was a blast. Thank you guys for coming out! I even wore the big hate, here they don't smash your face in the whip cream. I also got to ride the saddle at Texas Roadhouse when we had supper with Matt and Emily! Jason's new to him house is super cute!! I'm in love and excited at the remodeling adventures that will come. More posts to come...

I'm out of words for today. Blah.




No comments:

Post a Comment