Friday, December 13, 2013

Bayou Christmas 2013

What an exciting seven days it has been! We left last Thursday and heading to "the Boot" for Freeman Christmas in Lake Charles. Being home is always awesome even though it is VERY BUSY, it is worth it. I got to see ALL of my babies which was great! I can't believe how cold it was. Jason got to experience his first Christmas Mardi Gras boat parade. HAHA People act a tad crazy when it comes to Mardi Gras beads, some adults even fight over them with children. (SHARON) ;) Dad beat Jason in ping pong and it was hilarious. We exchanged gifts and all things were merry and bright. We headed to Aunt Vicki's on Sunday, besides a mishap with a state trooper and a small rectangled piece of paper with signatures on the bottom and two closed roads WE FINALLY MADE IT. Aunt Vicki won Jason over with her shrimp and grits. We exchanged gifts again and I got what I wanted and Jason got his gift stolen by Uncle Tom. Hilarious! It was great to see everyone and all the kids running around and loving each other was nice. Jason and I talked a few times about how blessed we are in ALL aspects of our life. I'm thankful that Jason has transitioned so smoothly into our family because let's be never know! We had Waffle House on Monday morning with Mom, Dad, Cort, Wes and AJ!!! It was great! I love being in town when she is home from Italy. Monday evening we headed to the airport after a stop at Bass Pro of course! (I picked up some AWESOME SOCKS that are fleece lined and perfect for the cold weather at work!) We returned our car and of course our flight was delayed until WEDNESDAY! Um no thank you! We finally figured out that we could leave the next day on a different airline. This is the fourth time in a row that United has delayed our flights by one day. Unacceptable. They paid for our hotel and gave us some food vouchers but still, if we don't work we don't get paid! Ya know! We made it home Tuesday night annnnnnd our pipes were frozen in our house. BUMMER! I just wanted to shower so BAD! We tried to warm the pipes under the house for two days and then Jason decided to check the main water valve and AHHHHHHH! It's frozen over and then within five minutes it's gushing all over the yard. (Reminder: it's about 15 ish degrees outside.) Poor Jason had to reach down in the manhole in about two and a half feet of water and turn the water off. Thank goodness he has long arms. We called the City of Kennewick and they were at our house within about an hour and it was all good! SO THANKFUL FOR WATER! It's my second week at my new job and it's going smooth. It should last for about a year or so. Jason and I are still trying to plan our honeymoon and neither one of us is very good at making decisions. Lol. Hopefully that will happen soon. I'm so excited to go to the beach!! Yippee!  Both of us can't believe we are married, married life is pretty cool. I keep trying to plan wedding stuff in my head and then....oh it already happened. It was a blast, all of Jason's friends coming down and meeting my friends.... It could not have turned out any better.

More to come....


I also started a store on Instagram @closetofsmash. I'll be posting some gently used clothes on there for purchase. Spread the word yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment