Adventures

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Unexpected Vacation

I received a nice little surprise Wednesday when I arrived at work. "Smash, you either take paid time off or you have to work at another facility until next week." says my magnanimous and benevolent supervisor. Hmmm... What do you think I did?! Six days of no work when you have no plans, sort of sucks. I have a new obsession called Pinterest and it is crazy amazing. Which reminds me, I was going to go to Hobby Lobby (for what? Does it really matter?) ....maybe I'll get my oil changed instead.....nope I'm just going to sit here and watch TV. Why get up now, it's only 2:30 in the afternoon for goodness sake's. I talked to Nicky yesterday FINALLY, being my best friend and therapist is really convenient, kill two birds with one stone. She reassured me that my "plan" to have "no plan" about a job was okay and that's all I really needed to hear. Everyone at work means well but it takes an unspoken toll on a usually giddy attitude:
  • Ashley what are you gonna do for work after layoffs?
  • Ashley does Jason just expect you to stick around forever?
  • Ashley why don't you have a plan?
  • Ashley have you put your resume out with anybody?
  • Ashley look there is a posting for a job? (usually a ridiculously far off place)
  • Ashley......Ashley.....Ashley......
Geez, I know they mean well but, GET OFF OF ME AND MY NO PLAN HAVING LIFE PEOPLE! 

On another note, my brother had an accident and now is down to four fingers on his left hand. Prayers accepted and appreciated. It could have been so much worse, I'm so thankful he is ok. That kids sometimes I wonder.....
I attempted to make a knockoff of Chipolte last night, Jason loved it. I did not. I'm pretty much stuck on my chicken teryiaki sandwiches that I've made every other day for two weeks. I think there are either drug dealers or recovering abusers living in the apartment next door. AWESOME!!

smASHfree
P.S. SUPER DUPER EXCITED FOR LANDRUM she got a big girl job in New Orleans and started last week. GO YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment