Adventures

Monday, September 29, 2014

Summer of 2014

Whew, what a summer the Smith's have had! It's been wonderful, I love a busy summer friends! I have so many pictures to share and yet I can't muster up the energy to transfer that little tiny card into my computer and download. Let's recap shall we?! In no particular order.... 
1. I went back to the boot for Hunter's (my oldest baby...nephew) high school graduation. Wow.... Im starting to feel old. He had a fun party with all his classmates the week before and it was great catching up with the fam and all the parents that I've known my whole life. Why is that milestone so emotional?! 
🎶"You'll always be my baby." 🎶

2. Jason actually got to join myself and part of the family in Florida for vacation this year. We missed last year because of the wedding. No complaints! (Has it really been a year?!) We stayed in the heart of Destin in a condo with Mom. It was so crowded and not the usual low-key Ft. Walton vibe but we had a blast. Becca, John and the kiddos were there as well. I got sun burnt and the mother and the sister turned a beautiful shade of caramel. Shocker. What happened to my ability to tan? Darn you Pacific Northwest winters! Next summer we are hoping to rent a house near Miramar Beach so if you got the hook up Holla at me! I also got to see my good friend/cousin Sam and meet her boyfriend! They are so cute! It was a nice little surprise, it's been over five years! 

3. Jason and I decided to drive the Cascade highway the weekend of July 4th. It is only open during the summer so we knew this would be our only chance. More on that trip later..... It was incredible. 

4. Justin and Alicia had a baby shower this summer so we went to Portland to celebrate baby Mia and then a few weekends later we went to the Oregon coast to have their one year wedding celebration! They actually had a small wedding the weekend after ours in Portland and wanted to have a huge framily get together at the beach. What a great idea and we always have a blast with them. Justin's mom keeps us well fed, so that was a plus. Lincoln City is a "small" touristy town on the coast and I really don't know why we don't visit there more often. It's so relaxing and beautiful, only about five hours drive too. They rented a huge house one block from the beach. Perfection! We saw some elk, picked some wild blackberries (dewberries for those back home 😉) and strolled along the beach. The water was FREEZING but it's still the beach. Everyone should visit the Oregon coast at least once. 
and you can have fires on the beach! 

5. We decided last minute to catch a Mariners game a few weekends ago. Plus, any excuse to get to Seattle I'll take it! The atmosphere at a baseball game is always fun but Safeco is so beautiful. It's a great view from any section and on a sunny day and cloudless night you can't beat it. We watched LoMo and Cano hit a couple of bombs "aaaand the crowd went wiiiillllld"! The Sounders were also having a game so we got to see some of the fireworks as well. If you can imagine downtown was a little crazy but with Bug the city navigator it was a breeze. 😎 He took us to J+M(?) for a burger before the game. Y'all.... First, I'm a pretty picky person when it comes to a hamburger but this place is AMAZING! The bread...the meat...the fries....even the tartar sauce....the atmosphere is pretty cool too. It's right in the middle of Pioneer Square on the corner. GO AND DONT COME BACK UNTIL YOU'VE EATEN A BURGER! (Emily and I stumbled upon this place a year or so ago but it was at night and we couldn't remember the name. The burger was delicious then too.) 
It just so happened that the Washington state fair was going on too. Bug and Steph invited us along so we spent Saturday eating every fried food concoction you can think of even butter.... Yes Jason got fried butter. 😑 
Ava and Mia had a blast, they were both wearing little cowgirl boots, adorable! It was so fun! Many more Heimbigner-Smith trips to come! I took a ton of pics with my camera but is the only one I got on my phone. Can we say dimples?!  Cutie bear Mia! 
 On the way home from Seattle we stopped in Cle Elum at a butcher shop called Owens Meats for some beef jerky. Just do it.... Then thank me later. 


6. Jason and I finally booked our honeymoon! We are stoked! 51 days and we will be on the island of OAHU! 



So far that's all I can think of.... As always, Stay tuned! 

Red





 

No comments:

Post a Comment